A double post for the last day of the year (again)! If you have been following my Running by the Numbers posts the past few years (2013, 2014, 2015) I introduced an infographic last year to highlight my year in running. I decided to do the same for 2016! (my poor poor Excel spreadsheet, it will be revived one day). I am also linking up with Courtney for the Year of Running 2016.
If I were to choose one word to describe my 2016 in running it would be meh. My top goal for the year was to PR in the marathon distance and I didn’t even get a chance. Even though the year was not what I envisioned it to be on January 1, 2016, there were some fun memories:
- Traveling to Jacksonville and spending time with my friends Sean and Brittany for the Gate River Run 15K.
- A hilly and humbling experience at the Marine Corps 17.75K – in which I gave my Guaranteed Access to Erin!
- Watching Meb speak with my pals Courtney, Erica, Caitlin, Pam, Becca and Emily. Finally meeting Kim 🙂
- Frederick Running Festival Team Relay with Emily!
- ARRC Run to Teens Run DC 5K with Ivey and Courtney.
- Struggling through the Fit Foodie 5K, but having Caitlin run along with me. Catching up with Mar and Kathryn afterwords!
- Running with my Oiselle pal Laurie on the Mount Vernon Trail and Redskins Dash 5K.
- Running/walking the Cherry Blossom 5K with Cliff and not getting blown off the course 🙂
- Visiting Vermont with my mom for the Covered Bridges Half Marathon.
- Spectating the Crystal City Twilight 5K with Becca.
- Watching the Berlin Marathon and road-tripping Germany with Cliff – fun!
- Hanging out with my Oiselle teammates – dinners, happy hours, bbqs, Adele!
- Attending Oiselle Running Camp at Zap Fitness (more walking than running for me) + road tripping with Caitlin, Tara and Kelly!
- Cheering on Laurie, Kristin, Mary and Tammy as part of the Oiselle Baltimore Marathon Relay Team. Thanks to Laurie for subbing in at the last minute.
- Visiting Tennessee with my buddies for the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon. My longest mileage since my injury.
- Cheering for the Marine Corps Marathon runners.
- Running 900+ miles with 8-10 weeks off of running.
- Working with Mollie of Piece of Cake Running.
- Adventuring with my best guy, Cliff!
I look forward to a redemption year in 2017! Happy New Year and thanks again for following along!
What was your favorite race this year?
What distance did you race the most this year?
PS – Germany recap coming! I intended to work on them this year, but bogged down with this cold.