Happy New Years Eve! If you have been following my Running by the Numbers posts the past couple of years (2013, 2014) I usually include Excel charts of all things numbers from the past year (races, distances, times). This year I thought it would be fun to make an infographic and link up with Courtney – Eat Pray Run DC for the Year of Running 2015. Enjoy!
Compared to 2014, I would say 2015 was an average year – it was a mix of lows and highs. Looking at the past two years, I tend to have my best races in the March/April timeframe and kind of fizzle out at the end. Time-wise I think I improved slightly, but I still need to conduct an analysis of my times (and will write a post). I know for sure I was speedier in the 5K in 2014 vs 2015. I am making some changes in 2016 and will share them in the new year 🙂
Although 2015 was not what I imagined it to be, it was still fun and memorable:
- Marathon Manic (well technically not since I’m still haven’t joined) – Chicago and Marine Corps 2 weeks apart.
- Amazing cheer squad of mom, Beverley and Cliff at the Chicago Marathon.
- Ran 3 half marathons in 3 different states (SC, PA, DE) with my friends Emily and Nathasha (plus Gerri and Rach).
- Traveled and participated in 7 races with my mom.
- Ran the Love Run Philly, Cherry Blossom, and Dulles Runway + numerous training miles with my friend Rachel.
- Ran a new to me 8K with my cousin Chris – thanks to the cousin cheering squad of Steph, Jordan and Ian!
- Toed the line at 6 different races (some were doubles) with Kathryn from Dancing to Running.
- Drove to Balti for 3 races this year **waves** to Alyssa, Rafael, Mar, and Sarah.
- Runs, races, workouts, brunches galore with the Oiselle ladies…both near and far! Met some amazing new friends/teammates this year. Thanks to our leads – Jackie, Colleen, Courtney, and Prianka for a great year!
- Catching up with friends at races + meeting Alexis, Amy, Abby, Colleen, Coco, Cynthia, Erika, Kathleen, Sara, Britney and Tracy M. for the first time!
- J&A and Annapolis Running Classic ambassadorships.
- All around best travel buddy and supporter in Cliff – too many to count.
Happy New Year and thanks for following along!
What was your favorite race this year?
What distance did you race the most this year?
PS – Recaps and other posts still coming, promise promise.