April 10, 2014
We are four months into the new year, crazy right? I thought Tasty Thursday would be an appropriate area to check in on my 2014 Nutrition/Fun in the Kitchen Goals:
- Get better at tracking my meals – Restarting 4/14
- Try a new recipe (via pinterest, blog, cookbook) a month – Check!
- Take a knife skills/cutting class – Not Started
I have 2 more Runner’s World recipes to share from my initial list of five: the Maple-Pumpkin Pie Smoothie and the Chickpea-Pesto Tomato Soup. I will post those next week! I thought I would share the next five recipes I will be working on (in no particular order):
1. Hummingbird Muffins – has pineapple and pecans, doesn’t it sound delicious?
2. Sliced Apple with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar – I haven’t tried many snacks (aside from smoothies), and this seemed like it would be quick and easy (in addition to delicious)!
3. Crunchy Coffee Cocoa Shake – It had me at crunchy!
4. Spicy Sausage and Mushroom Soup – I love sausages and mushrooms, why not?
5. Garlic Shrimp with White Beans and Tomatoes – I have yet to foray into the world of seafood, this will be my first time cooking shrimp!
How are you 2014 nutrition/cooking goals?
What are you cooking next?