November 13, 2014
After a little hiatus, Tasty Thursday is back (last time I shared the savory Crockpot Beef Pot Roast recipe). This past weekend I had a chance to run errands, clean the apartment, meal prep and bake. Today I will be sharing my recipe for Pumpkin Greek Yogurt Muffins. This was my second time making these, so I was able to edit the recipe a bit. Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
- 3 eggs (I used egg whites only)
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I used Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Greek Yogurt)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups of sugar (I used Truvia which equates to 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- optional: white chocolate chips
1. Oil your muffin or bread pans.
2. Mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix your wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix.
5. Stir until the mixture is even. Add in the chocolate chips if desired.
6. Put the mixture into the muffin or loaf pans. The muffins will rise so do not top off the mixture for each pan – 50% will work.
7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or when the toothpick comes out dry.
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe?
Do you have a favorite pumpkin recipie?