Tasty Thursday is back with a new recipe…cue yayy!! A couple of weeks ago my friend Rachel shared a delicious Oatmeal Pancake recipe that is quick and easy to make (you may have seen it on my IG or from my training log here).
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup egg white beaters (regular egg whites work too – they taste a little different)
- cinnamon (as much as you desire, I use 3-4 shakes)
- sugar (I use a dash of Truvia)
- optional: syrup, honey, fruit, agave as your topping
This recipe makes 1 pancake. If you want multiple pancakes, Rachel recommended using separate bowls so the egg is evenly distributed.
Pre-heat your pan (grease if non-stick) or griddle
Put the oats, egg whites, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
Pour the battle into the pan or griddle (the oatmeal may clump).
Use a fork or spoon to spread the oatmeal.
Let the pancake stand until the edges begin to solidify.
Flip and let it sit for about 15 seconds and it should be done!
Top with your favorite syrup, fruit, or sauce.
- While not fluffy, I think these pancakes are tasty
- Easy and quick to make in the morning
- Leaves me satisfied through lunchtime
Do you have a favorite pancake recipe?
Do you like oatmeal for breakfast?