December = holiday parties and potlucks galore! Today I wanted to share a quick and easy (but a little messy) Pinterest inspired recipe. If you enjoy Rice Krispies Treats, then you may like these!
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1 package of regular sized marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups of corn flakes cereal (any brand works)
- Red cinnamon candies or M&Ms (I used the latter)
- A touch of vanilla frosting
1. Melt the margarine or butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted.
3. Remove from the heat and add the food coloring.
4. Add in the corn flakes and stir until they are coated.
Now here is the slightly messy part….
5. Using butter or cooking spray to grease your hands portion out your wreaths – be liberal with this step… the mixture is sticky! You will want to do this fairly quickly before it cools. I took a handful, molded it into a thick pancake, and use my thumb to form the hole. I prettied it up afterwards.
6. After the wreaths are formed, use the frosting to adhere the cinnamon candies or M&Ms to your wreaths.
If you are interested in following me on Pinterest – here is a link to my page.
Do you have a favorite Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza treat to cook?
Have you had any recent Pinterest fails? Success?