June 26, 2014
Hello Thursday! Half way through the year and I am pretty proud of myself for sticking with my goal of trying a new recipe a month. In April, I shared Runner’s World take on Hummingbird Muffins, and a few weeks ago I shared the Sliced Apple with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette appetizer from the same book.
I looked at my What I’m Cooking Next #2 list and thought it was a nice time to try the Crunchy Coffee Cocoa Shake recipe out since it was so hot out.
Ingredients – Recipe HERE
- 1/2 cup chilled coffee
- 1/2 cup fat free milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted almonds
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
Take all the ingredients and put them into a blender or a cup (if you are using a hand immersion blender). Mix well.
Poor into a glass and voila!
- Two easy steps!
- I wish I had chilled the coffee for a little longer, it was not as chilled
- Maybe it was the coffee I used, but it tasted bitter at first. I added some Truvia and it tasted much better.
- It was good, but not my favorite shake/smoothie from the cookbook. I think I prefer fruit based smoothies.
Do you use coffee in your shakes or smoothies?
Do you prefer fruit, veggie, or sweet (ice cream, chocolate) based smoothies/shakes?