June 12, 2014
A couple of days ago I was in a Trader Joe’s for because (so many goodies to be explored/bought). I passed by the sample counter and the table of peaches caught my eye! I had to sample whatever they were making.
Image: Trader Joe’s
The appetizer was a mixture of cottage cheese, maple syrup, peaches, and cinnamon laid on top of their coconut cookie thin. It was one of the most delicious combinations I’ve had. Of course I bought all the ingredients and wanted to put my take on it.
- 1 or 2 peaches
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or more depending on liking)
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 Trader Joe’s Cookie Thins – Toasted Coconut (or similar)
Slice the ripe peach(es).
Scoop the cottage cheese in a bowl and drizzle the maple syrup (add more if you like).
Add in the cinnamon, peaches, and crumble the cookie.
Mix it up for a sweet satisfying breakfast or dessert.
- So easyyy and quick to make
- Depending on how much syrup and cookies you use, I put the ingredients into a calorie counter and it came out to <200 calories.
- I will probably make this in appetizer form (served on the cookie), but I purposely did not to limit my cookie intake.
- This would work with Greek yogurt or graham crackers.
Do you like cottage cheese?
Have you ever recreated a recipe from the grocery store samples?