I have a
bit huge sweet tooth. One of my favorite desserts is a slice of banana cream pie (if you are ever in DC and have a chance to try Ted’s Bulletin, their Mile High Banana Cream Pie is amazzzzing). As you all know, one of my goals this month is to log all my food intake – I want to lose some weight and avoid gaining marathon weight (no more I can eat eat everything I want because I’m training excuse). I started brainstorming ways I could skinny-fy the banana cream pie and keep the taste. Enter the Banana Cream Pie Parfait. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 graham cracker sheet (more if desired)
- 4 tablespoons of fat free Cool Whip (more if desired)
- Break the graham cracker into small crumbs (feel free to crush them into finer pieces) and place them in a bowl or cup. Set aside a few crumbs for the topping.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons (they can be generous) of Cool Whip on top of the graham cracker layer.
- Cut the banana into slices and place them on top of the Cool Whip.
- Scoop another 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip on top of the banana.
- Sprinkle the leftover graham cracker crumbs on the Cool Whip.
- This serving size is approximately 200 calories (+/- depending on the size of your banana and tablespoons of Cool Whip) and is easy to prepare ahead of time.
- Try this recipe with other fruits - strawberries and blueberries are good as well!
What is your favorite type of pie?