July 31, 2014
A few weeks ago I made Skinnytaste’s Crockpot Sesame Honey Chicken. I LOVED it! I wanted to make another Crockpot recipe and I found one for Balsamic Pork Roast. There were few ingredients and all I had to do was buy the pork shoulder roast.
Ingredients – Recipe HERE
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
Put the pork in the Crockpot and season it with all the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients and pour it over the pork.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Sooo tender!
You will be able to easily pull apart the pork. I poured some of the leftover broth in my container so the pork would stay moist.
- It was delicious!
- I love the balsamic and honey combination
- So easy to make and very little cleanup
- I’ve used it on salads, on its own, and probably on a sandwich
- Each serving is under 300 calories.
- You can probably substitute the pork with chicken if you like.
I will definitely add this recipe to my Crockpot rotation.
Do you have any quick recipes to share?
Do you like Crockpot recipes?