December 31, 2013
Happy New Years Eve! I will be spending the evening with friends in Arlington, Virginia (dinner and back to an apartment to ring in 2014).
I love making lists and setting goals! Because I was a good b-school student, I tried to make my 2014 goals S.M.A.R.T (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely). Here they are:
- Track my weekly mileage
- Follow a training plan (include speedwork, intervals, hills)
- Capture/record race splits
- Create “A”, “B”, and “C” goals for each race
- Finish the New York City Marathon (my second!)
- Sub 2:30 in the half-marathon
- Sub 2:00 in the ten miler
- Sub 1:10 in the 10K
- Sub 0:30 in the 5K
- #14in2014 (see my post here)
- Go to a yoga, barre or ballet class 1x/week (I danced growing up, hence the ballet)
- Continue going spinning or zumba class 1x/week
- Incorporate swimming into cross training
- 5 regular push ups
- Continue foam rolling everyday
- Continue strength training – I’ve been lucky to train with Nicole at my gym the past 6 months – weights, lunges, squats, TRX, HIIT, practically everything! Those sessions have definitely helped me improve my endurance, strength and overall fitness level. If you are in the DC area and looking for a personal trainer, I highly recommend her!
Nutrition/Fun in the Kitchen
- Get better at tracking my meals
- Try a new recipe (via pinterest, blog, cookbook) a month
- Take a knife skills/cutting class (anyone else knife challenged? I take foreverrr to cut onions and watermelon)
- Blog to hold myself accountable (particularly my running)
- Blog to have fun
- Continue working on sub-pages and design elements
(Alex) Potpourri (for 1000 please)
- Take a non-running vacation
- Read at least 2 books/quarter
- Re-learn to knit and crochet
- Volunteer at least 4x this year
Fun Fact: If you understood the above Jeopardy reference, I actually tried out for College Jeopardy the summer before my freshman year. I did not make it to the next round, but I received a free pen.
My plan is to review this list quarterly (or more often) and revise as necessary.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!
Do you already have your 2014 goals or to do list?
How are you celebrating the New Year?