April 30, 2014
I am back! Allergies and a cold had me sidelined the past couple of days. I cannot believe it is the last day of April already?! (I think I say that every month). Anyways…. on to the fun stuff!
Last week Chaitali from Running and Enjoying the Journey and Amanda from Eat Hard Work Hard nominated me for a Liebster Award – thank you thank you ladies!! Their blogs are some of my favorite reads so you should definitely check them out/add them to your reader 🙂
For those of you who are unaware of the Liebster Award, “it’s an online award given by bloggers to other bloggers with the goal of helping promote small up and coming blogs.” There are variations to the rules that include:
- thank the person(s) who nominated you
- answer the questions the nominator posed
- provide random facts about yourself
- nominating fellow bloggers with a smallish following, and
- create new questions for your nominees
Since several of my favorite bloggers (Chaitali, Amanda, Kathryn, DC Trifecta) were already nominated and they already/will be answering questions – I thought I would tweak the rules a bit and answer a mix of questions from Chaitali and Amanda (can double as fun facts right?).
1. What inspires you to lead a fit lifestyle?
Having a better work-life balance, friends and family!
2. Why did you start blogging? What do you love best about blogging?
Sharing my running/traveling experiences with friends and familiy + holding myself accountable + learning about tumblr (read more here). Sharing my experiences and learning from others! I also enjoy blogging as a creative outlet.
3. Favorite vacation spot?
Beaches are fun! But really any place warm and scenic.
4. What is the one piece of gear or clothing that you would recommend a new runner purchase?
Get fitted for shoes!
5. What is your favorite race you’ve run so far?
It would have to be the Marine Corp Marathon – my first.
6. What is a dream race on your bucket list?
Maybe the Paris Marathon (if I run another marathon after New York)
7. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
More traveling in South America (Argentina, Peru, Chile)
8. What’s your favorite food?
Limited to one? French, Mexican, Japanese.
9. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
10. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Bungy swing in New Zealand (b/c I was too scared to Bungee jump).
Go ahead and pick a question to answer in the comments section 🙂