Jennifer’s back, tell a friend! Sorry for the corniness I couldn’t resist a little Eminem.
I can’t believe I went (blogger) MIA! As most of you know, I started a new job in April. I thought a mini blogging hiatus may occur (mini as in a couple weeks) so I could acclimate to the new role and organization. Well a couple weeks turned into a month, which turned into a couple months, and now five months. Don’t worry, I’m not working 24/7, I just got into the habit of not blogging. Here is a quick recap of what I would have shared:
- I typically run 5x/week – 2 speed-type runs, 2 easy/recovery and 1 long run
- I think I’ve hit 90% of my workouts, not at 100%…I’ll recheck my log later
- Long runs topped at 16 miles with multiple cycles
- Jennifer the “lone wolf” returned and a majority of my long runs were solo. Courtney + Leeann…I’m gonna make ARRC happen this winter
I’ve run 9 races this year (there were some DNS due to illness and oversleeping) compared to 24 races this time last year. My fall/winter should pick up, but I should finish well below my 30+ count I had in 2015 (which was needed).
Source: Pilates ProWorks Alexandria
- Zengo cycling and brunch with Mar
- FlyWheel classes at their new City Center studio
- Tried Solidcore with Emily….ummm soo HARD!
- Checked out another new reformer studio in Alexandria, Pilates ProWorks.. I would describe it as Solidcore Junior
- Celebrated Cliff’s Masters graduation from Georgetown in May
- Traveled to Austin for a wedding…I use to babysit the bride…who has completed multiple Ironmans! We stayed at the Lakeway Resort and Spa, it was beautiful.
- Met Joshua Molina aka Will Bailey (West Wing) aka David Rosen (Scandal) at the airport, he was so nice
- Attended Oiselle Happy Hour and BBQ <-which included horses and donkeys!
- Went to the Kennedy Center for the National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) Pops House of Cards in Concert
- Visited my good friends in Richmond and met their adorable pug
- Started bullet journaling
- Saw the new Jason Bourne movie at Atlantic Plumbing Theater in the Shaw neighborhood of DC.. so nice!
- Watched Game of Thrones, Polo, Sopranos, Stranger Things and Narcos
- My bangs are back
- Ate oodles of (ramen) noodles at Chaplins and Haikan…the latter is owned by the same team at Daikaya
- Had a delicious dinner at Tail Up Goat – which was nominated as one of the Best New Restaurants of 2016. If you go try the lamb, you will not regret it.
- Discovered Takorean right by my DC office and one is opening up in my neighborhood soon
- Tried District Taco for the first time ever with Kelly
Okay, that is a wrap! My goal is to make blogging a habit again, I missed it! I am going to aim for at least two posts a week and increase it if I can.. I have so much content I like to share.
Shoutout to Julie for her first half post baby, Kathryn on her RnR Philly PR, and Cynthia and Tracy’s Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City finish. Also congrats to Brittney on finishing her first 20 mile training run for Chicago. Check out her hilarious Instagram post on how to make an ice bath without any ice.
What are you training for this fall?
How how was your summer?