April 11, 2014
Happy Friday! Next weekend I will be in Boston, MA!
Photo: City of Boston Website
For today’s Friday Five, I am going to share what I am looking forward to in Boston:
1. Visiting My SIsters – My two younger sisters live in Boston. I will be staying with the baby sister and look forward to seeing them both.
2. B.A.A 5K – I will be running the B.A.A 5K as part of the B.A.A Distance Medley. Both of my sisters will also be running it, and it’s the youngest’s first 5K! After running 3 half marathons and 2 ten milers in the past 4 months, I look forward to the shorter distance. The race will end in Boston Common (same finish line as the Boston Marathon).
3. Boston Marathon Weekend – The B.A.A 5K is two days before Marathon Monday. Although I will not be here to watch the marathon, it will be exciting to see runners, families and friends come to the city. I am sure it will be a weekend of mixed emotions.
4. Food – Specifically New England Clam Chowder (so much better than Manhattan). I think my sisters plan on taking me to Boston Chinatown for dim sum as well.
5. Touristy Stuff – Of course! I was in Boston last year for my sister’s college graduation; however, due to work, I was only there for 24 hours. My sister is building an itinerary for me – I’m curious to see!
Are you/have you ever run any of the B.A.A events?
What should I do/see/eat in Boston?