March 7, 2014
1. Running Ahead – no more jackets, gloves or headbands! I will be running seven races this spring:
- March – St. Patrick’s Day 8K (Washington, DC)
- March – RNR USA Half Marathon (Washington, DC)
- March – The Love Run Half Marathon (Philadelphia, PA)
- April – Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10 Miler (Washington, DC)
- April – GW Parkway Classic 10 Miler (Alexandria, VA)
- April – B.A.A. 5K (Boston, MA)
- May – Brooklyn Half Marathon (Brooklyn, NY)
I am particularly excited for Philly and Brooklyn since they will be new races for me.
2. Volunteering – as a runner I appreciate all the volunteers who support the races. Every year I try to volunteer for a few races myself. This April I will be at packet pickup at the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Expo, and bag drop off at the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in DC.
3. Cherry Blossoms – and crab apple blossom trees, flowers, greenery, and more flowers!
4. Outdoor Activities -running outside, hiking, roofdeck brunches, patio dinners, and wineries! I want to try stand up paddling this spring!
5. 10 Year Anniversary – of my 21st birthday! I am getting old! I was lucky to spend my 21st with fabulous friends in New Zealand, hearing a band sing “happy birthday” in Takapuna, and an actual Barbie (BBQ) on my birthday!
Are you volunteering this spring?
What outdoor activities do you look most forward to?