August 8, 2014
1. First Race – Turkey Chase 10K
Call me crazy, but my first organized race was the Turkey Chase 10K in Bethesda, Maryland
2. Most Sentimental – Marine Corp Marathon
My first (and only – so far) marathon. I can’t believe it was 7 years ago!
3. Most Memorable – LOVE Run Philadelphia
I loved everything about this race, BUT the rain. Beautiful course, great support, awesome swag, but mother nature had its own plans for the Inaugural LOVE Run Philadelphia (recap here). I was miserable the entire race, but this course currently holds my half PR! I hope to sign up next year (registration opens next week).
4. Most Scenic – TIE SeaWheeze Half and Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathons
5. Funnest All Around Race – Virginia is for Lovers 14K
J&A definitely knows how to put on a race. They are fun, well themed, and the swag is pretty nice. I’ve participated in both the Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon and the Virginia is for Lovers 14K and they were so fun. Unfortunately I think 2014 was the last year for the VIL14K, however they do have a new half this November!
What was your first race?
What is your favorite race memory?