March 21, 2014
“Motownphilly’s back again, Doin’ a little east coast fling” – Boyz II Men
Anyone else love Boyz II Men’s 1991 hit “Motownphilly”? Next weekend I will be tackling my next half marathon, the inaugural Philadelphia LOVE RUN Half Marathon.
Logo: LOVE RUN
This will be a nice mini-racecation. Similar to my Friday Five post prior to my Miami Half Marathon, I thought it would be fun to share what I am looking forward to in Philly, running and travel-wise:
1. The Course – It will definitely be flatter and faster than last week’s Rock ‘N’ Roll USA half marathon. I ran RNR Philly in 2011 and look forward to running a similar route and sharing my race goals.
2. The Touristy Things – I would like to see the Liberty Bell. I saw it maybe 20 years ago, but at age 11 I did not appreciate it as much (plus when you are with your fifth grade class, you are not paying too much attention).
3. The Food – Surprise here? I’ve visited Philly a couple of times over the past few years, and friends have taken me to a few amazing Stephen Starr restaurants. If that name sounds familiar, Le Diplomate in D.C is part of the STARR Restaurant Group. I will probably stop by Reading Terminal Market as well.
Logo: STARR Resturants
4. Urban Walking – I’ll be staying close to City Center. I look forward to walking around the city and exploring. I’ll make sure not to walk too much though!
5. Friends – Two of my friends from business school live here, so I look forward to catching up with them!
Have you ever run a half marathon in Philly?
Do you have any Philly recommendations? (food, things to do)