January 24, 2014
“I am going to Miami, Welcome to Miami,” – Will Smith
Whenever I step off the plane in Miami I always think of Will Smith’s 1998 hit of the same name. Then, of course, I start singing songs (in my head) by Mr. 305 himself, Pitbull.
In 7 days I will be in Miami, Florida for a little racecation or runcation (and race redemption).
Logo: Miami Half
In 2013 I had a few runcations (Ragnar Key West, SeaWheeze Half Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Healdsburg Half Part 1, Part 2, Part 3). So naturally, those posts/recaps share both my running and traveling experiences.
For today’s Friday Five, I thought it would be fun to share what I am looking forward to in Miami, travel-wise.
1. The Weather – Although not my ideal running temperature, it is perfect vacation temps
2. The Food – Cuban, Peruvian…. can’t wait to hit the Miami foodie scene!
3. The Beach – Not too much sun though, need to conserve some of that energy (avoiding sunburn would be ideal too).
4. The Relaxation – I anticipate work to be busy busy February/March. This is a much needed escape before all that begins.
5. The Touristy Things – I love Miami’s Art Deco District in South Beach. Luckily the half course goes through this area. The architecture is amazing! I wish the Miami Heat were in town next weekend, that would have been fun to see them play!
Have you ever run the Miami Half?
Do you have any running vacations planned?
Do you have any Miami recommendations? (food, things to do)