Woo hoo for Friday! This week I’ve been super wiped out and going to sleep at 8:30PM (not sure why). This weekend I look forward to catching up on some household items, answering comments, and going through my blog reader. Oh yeah…there is the 12-13 mile long run too! Today I am linking up with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia and the theme is Five Fitness Trends I Will Not Try. Bonus – I thought it would be fun to also list Five Fitness Trends I Will Try.
Five Fitness Trends I Will Not Try
1. Rompers – For running. Remember, these? I do have a few rompers for casual wear, but don’t expect me to go running in them 🙂
2. Mud/Color Runs – Several people have asked me to join them on mud/color runs (and they look fun), but I don’t want to get dirty or have things thrown at me. Plus….I’ve been reading too many stories about mud run illnesses lately.
Image: Daily Burn
3. Crossfit – I know, I know…so many people love and swear by it, but for some reason it does not appeal to me (plus I see the trainer one on one).
4. Trapeze School – This is one I would want to try, but I know the height aspect would paralyze me. I’ve seen videos and photos of friends participating in this and it looks so cool.
Image: TSNY Washington DC
5. Barefoot Running – I don’t even like walking barefoot, so I don’t think I will enjoy running barefoot. I’ve tried minimalist shoes before and was not a fan (for me).
Five Fitness Trends I Will Try
1. SUP – I still haven’t gone! DC also has SUP Yoga, how neat/challenging is that?
Image: Orange Theory Fitness
3. Cleanse – I am open to a short (as in 3 days) juice cleanse.
Image: Spark Yoga Arlington
5. Fuse Pilates – My friend Ali loves this class so I said I would join her one day. Luckily there is a studio in my neighborhood.
Have you tried any of these fitness trends before?
Do you have any races/long runs this weekend?