March 28, 2014
Happy Friday! Cue Pharrell’s “Happy” song!
Today I am linking up with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia and this week’s theme is “favorite fitness activities.” Of course running is one of my favorite fitness activities, but I thought I would share five other activities that I enjoy (in no particular order):
1. Spinning – You may have guessed this one already as I have written and tweeted about my love for spin! Great music and so much sweat!
2. Swimming – I grew up swimming (summer league, club team, high school) and assistant coached a swim team for 4 years – Go Dolphins! I have not done much swimming this year, but I would like to add it to the mix.
3. Dancing – I took ballet growing up and resumed classes (ballet, jazz, and hip hop) after college. I have not attended a class in years, but I would love to go back to Joy of Motion for their adult ballet classes. A night dancing with friends or weddings is just as fun!
4. Kayaking – I am a true Pisces, and pretty much like anything that involves water. Below is a pic of my first kayaking adventure in 2004!
5. Hiking/Walking – Nothing too treacherous or daring (I just use my sneakers), but I do like leisurely hikes and walks. Great Falls and the Billy Goat Trail are good ones. Picture of Waiau Falls in New Zealand!
There are several activities I still want to try: Standup Paddling (SUP), Hot Yoga, and Hip Hop Yoga!
Have you ever tried Standup Paddling (SUP)?
What new activities are on your list to try?