Wednesdays are pretty nice – they signal the middle of the work week and it is a relatively calmer day for me (knock on wood). Wednesday also means another Chicago Marathon Countdown post! Today I am sharing my marathon packing list:
If there is anything missing from my list feel free to comment or leave your link below. My packing list has been updated since last year.
You may notice I have poncho, zip lock bags, and Aquaphor on my list. I’ve been
tracking obsessing over the Chicago weather forecast. As of today October 11 will be 63F, partly cloud with a 10% chance of rain.
Earlier this week it was calling for rain – eeks! I hope hope hope for no rain at all. I referred to one of my old posts, Tips for Running in the Rain, and also bookmarked a few others to read:
- Top 10 Tips to Run a Marathon in the Rain – 50 by 25
- How to Dress for Rainy Days – Runner’s World
- How to Handle a Rainy Race Situation – Runner’s World
- 21 Tips for Running a Marathon Under the Rain – The Bull Runner
- Race Recap – DC Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon – Simplify Life
I’ve run a half marathon in the rain, so I guess would be quasi prepared if it did rain on race day.
Thanks to everyone who commented and gave suggestions last week – much appreciated! Here are my previous countdown posts:
Did I miss anything?
Have you run a race in the rain before?