This week is all about catching up, so I thought I would share my 2016 Race Schedule (housed and updated in the Upcoming Races tab).
Here are some noteworthy items:
- Last year I participated in 34 races (Year in Review – 2015 Running by the Numbers), this year I plan on signing up for less races (18 so far).
- Includes 2 sprint triathlons, 1 relay, and 1 marathon.
- 11 new to me races, including half marathons in Vermont + possibly Tennessee.
- I may add a couple more races, including some as training runs in the July – September time-frame.
- Undecided about Turkey Trot plans, but I have time to think about that 🙂
January – March
- March – St. Pats Double Leap (Washington, DC)
- March – Gate River Run 15K (Jacksonville, FL)
April – June
- April – Marine Corps 17.75K (Prince William, VA)
- April – Cherry Blossom 5K (Washington, DC)
- April – GW Parkway 10 Miler (Alexandria, VA)
- April – Draft Dash 5K (Landover, MD)
- May – Frederick Running Festival Team Relay (Frederick, MD)
- May – Capitol Hill Classic 10K (Washington, DC)
- May – Fit Foodie 5K (Fairfax, VA)
- June – Covered Bridges Half Marathon (Woodstock, VT)
- June – Montclair Sprint Triathlon (Montclair, VA)
- June – Baltimore Women’s Classic 5K (Baltimore, MD)*
July – September
October – December
- October – Marine Corps Marathon 10K (Washington, DC)*
- November – Across the Bay 10K (Annapolis, MD)
- November – Richmond Half Marathon (Richmond, VA)
- December – St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon (Memphis, TN)*
*Races in italics not yet registered
Will I see you at any of the races this year?
Which race are you looking forward to the most this year?